Looking for a volunteering opportunity that makes a difference? Volunteering at Citizens Advice Leeds could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for. At Citizens Advice Leeds our team helps over 30,000 people a year with advice and support that makes a positive impact on people’s lives.
Everyone contributes to this, employees and volunteers, and not just as advisers, but also as administrators, campaigners and back office staff, all have a role to play in helping us to achieve our goals.
What do we offer you?
We provide extensive training and support for our volunteers that includes:
- Full training through group sessions and self-study
- Travel expenses
- A friendly working environment which values the contribution of volunteers
- Personal satisfaction and self-development
- A stimulating role where you learn about different aspects of life
We have a range of volunteering opportunities available including working on our telephone helpline and drop-in services, supporting our campaigns work as well as administrative roles.
Volunteering with Citizens Advice Leeds requires a commitment to working to professional standards to maintain our quality standards and accreditation. As a volunteer we therefore expect that you will:
- Show respect for clients and colleagues
- Bring a non-judgemental attitude to work
- Participate fully in the training we provide
- Arrive on time and let us know in advance if you are unable to attend
Promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively are integral to our ethos as an employer, volunteer manager and service provider and we encourage applications from all members of our local community.
We are accredited through the Investing in Volunteers scheme and the Leeds Volunteering Kitemark.